• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

crappies (voyageur park)?

will be going up camping in the voyageur park next week for 5 or 6 days....even though we'll be into the walleyes i'm sure...what i'm really looking for are those crappies...never caught a small crappie on sandpoint...suppose because i was always trolling a bigger bait for walleyes...hence the bigger crappies...well anyway ...was just wondering if anyone has any info on those crappie encounters up in the sandpoint lake area...we'll be camping in "grassy bay"....not far from .browns bay ...steges bay area......thanks...jon smile.gif

Jon I have fished grassy bay for crappies in the winter in the back of the bay where the snowmobile trail comes thru you should find them start in close and work deep, back in the bay Bob

bob...thanks for the info.....starting my 11 day vacation tomorrow....will be spending a good portion of it on sandpoint and surrounding lakes.....i'm really after the crappies ......(not to say the walleyes will be left out or the smallies)....can hardly wait to drift over the calm waters with my canoe in the evenings....feel the tug of that walleye........smell the scent of the pine needles ....smoke from the campfire.....and good friends....thanks again .....jon smile.gif