• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A little trailer help

bkerschner

So I have a Shorelandr roller trailer. I bought a transom saver and went to install the mounting bracket. In the back crossmember there is a bolt perfectly in the center. I thought this would be the best place to put the bracket. First problem is the bolt is rusted on pretty good. Next problem is it's a carriage bolt and I can't get at it too well with the boat on the trailer. So I brought the boat to White Bear Lake and beached it so I could work on the trailer at the launch. Upon further inspection I came to find out that the plastic that goes on the top of the crossmember to protect the bottom of the boat is also held down by this same bolt. You can't access the flat sides of the carriage bolt due to the plastic being bolted down as well. So I was able to work a screwdriver around the bolt to break the plastic off. Now my question is where can I buy a replacement for this plastic piece. It is approximately 4" wide by 17" long. Has anyone else ever had to replace one?

Thanks, I called Hallberg today after I got off work and they had what I was looking for so I rushed up there before they closed. Got it put back together and the transom saver installed. I do have a couple other questions though. How tight is the transom saver supposed to be? Obviously the hydraulics have enough power to bend the transom saver but am I just supposed to snug it up so it doesn't move? That's how I have it now. Also I am going on a trip this week and am wondering what kind of grease to use on my trailer. Is there a marine type grease to buy or would regular grease be fine? Thanks again!