• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

cat mission today

Crankbait10

I'm on a mission today to go cat hooking with my son. I norm fish the elk /otsego area but today I was debating on staying closer to town and somewhere enjoyable and not to dangerous. Anyone got any ideas otherwise i may stick with the coon rapids dam area.

Ten,

you could always check out the fishing area by the south st paul launch on pool 2 of the mississippi. the fishing area is to the left of the boat launch. it is right by the wakota bridge(494 where it crosses the river). looks to be a nice day time area but would be careful at night(some shadey folks at times from what I have heard but still better then lilly dale). plus there is always a chance to hook into a flathead there since there is both in the river there. I have been there once but never fished it, I was out on a scouting mission to find more spots. now I need to find spots on pool 3 and 4.

Thanks guys i'll have to dig into that area... Got skunked yesterday where rum meets the Mississippi, cats where super finicky. Saw them mayflies floating around so I'm assuming butting is super slow at the moment till they are all dead and gone.

Ten,

one thing I forgot. if you try pool 2 it is catch and release only. I was under the impression this applied to all fish on pool 2 but after reading the regulations book agin(page 44) it only applies to walleye, sauger,smallmouth bass, and largemouth bass.