• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dunkin' for eyes

Never heard of "dunkin"... what exactly is it?
As far as weeds and walleyes, fish the edges, especially if there's a dropoff or other structure there. If the lake has 'Eyes, they should be there.
Also, water clarity is a big thing. They'll move shallower as it gets darker, especially on a clear water lake. Stained water, they'll be shallower earlier.

------------------
Fishin' is life
The rest is just details

47b4d925b3127cceb129f1a183a30000001010

[This message has been edited by slick814 (edited 07-14-2004).]

[This message has been edited by slick814 (edited 07-14-2004).]

that might wrok, but weed edges are best, if the weed line ends very quickly shallow running rapalas work well #5 and 7's also it is possible to anchor and slip bobber fish, most people dont try this but i have found it works well in shallow stained lakes, put the bait out there and the fish will find it, just give them time, also casting a jig and mistertwister can be very productive, go with bright colors in a dark lake and go more natural on a clearer lake

If you are going to "dunk" (not a Minnesota term just so you know), I would use a jig and minnow or leech for walleye. Just my 2 cents.

Searching for the right kinds of vegitation is a good starting point. Many MN lakes have sand grass, cabbage and coontails. During the daytime look for the bushy cabbage to provide shade for the dark dwelling walleyes.
My favorite way to go at walleyes in the weeds is to cast crankbaits to the edges during the low light periods of the day. Some of my favorite casting cranks Husky Jerks, Shad Raps, and Rattling Rogues. Many times jigs with plastics can get these walleyes pumpin. It is mainly a matter of figuring out what works on the particular lake you plan to fish.
Goood luck!
mw