• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Terrova w/o US2

UMC

Been looking at get a new trolling motor and with all the rave reviews about i-pilot, I would go that way. However, I don't see myself having the need for the universal sonar transducer and all of the terrovas that have the i-pilot factory installed also come with US2. Kinda looks like the US2 doesn't add much to the price but I'm just curious. I see they do have autopilot versions that come without the US2; will minnkota install i-pilot on one of those for you if you ask them too? I could just go with a powerdrive but I'd like to have a footpad. Just wondering if anyone has inquired about this. Thanks

If you want the i-Pilot the cheapest option is to buy a motor with the i-Pilot pre-installed ...... it gets quite a bit pricier in the long run if you add the i-Pilot module to an existing motor. And as you said, the Terrovas with i-Pilots pre-installed are US2 models.

You don't have to use the US2. You could tape or cable tie the US2 cable to the motor cable and have it be completely out of the way if you don't want to use it.

Just don't see the need to have 2 sonar units (already have 1 in the back - tiller). I suppose I could put a cheap one in the bow, I'm just not flush with cash and try not to spend more than I have to.