• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HELP PLEASE

I am going to Star Lake in crow feet county for one week and I know nothing about this lake, I live in Texas. I am wanting to fish for carp or buffalo if there is any in there. I also would like to do some crappie bass and wallie fishing. Please help me with information about were to fish at and some tips would be greatly appreciated thank you. O and if this helps I'm on the east side of the pinencela

Hey bud, welcome to HSO .......I am on my cell phone and could only do a little digging for you. Let's start off by clarifying a little....I am assuming you mean star lake in crow WING county right? If so go back on the main forms list and scroll down to the Brainard lakes under regional forms and repost this. There will be a better chance of someone there that knows something about the lake.

Texas; I don't know anything about that lake or area but I can give you a few general tips on catching carp in MN lakes.

first off one of the hotspots on just about any lake after a storm or some significant rainfall are the areas where runoff drains in from street sewers, etc.

the carp will lay right in the current and be feeding aggressively

the other thing carp are doing this time of the year is cruising the sandy shallows and eating up the bluegill eggs- you should be able to spot them- when you find a good spot throw a few handfulls of canned corn out there and wait for 'em to find it

fish on the bottom with a simple slip sinker rig and a baitholder hook size 4 to 1/0 with canned corn strung on it- I also mash a gob of instant oatmeal (wetted of course) on it too

in areas of heavy weeds and milfoil it's almost impossible to catch anything with a bottom rig, so pick the sandy runoff areas and sandy bluegill beds

let us know how you did! pics would be cool too!!