• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

throttle cable issue?

live4chrome

hey guys,

I was out trolling today on superior and all of a sudden an issue came up i have never dealt with before. I was trolling at around 1.5-3 mph when all of a sudden I lost all capability to make the motor go any faster than about 1.8 mph. I would turn the throttle to full speed and nothing would happen, it was acting like my throttle handle was not connected to the motor. It did the same thing in reverse. 1.8 mph even with the throttle wide open? any ideas.

Also another thing that came up is when I drained the boat I noticed a larger amount of green oil coming out with the water, I have never seen this before. I just got the boat back from the shop friday. I dont know if these are related or if there is a bottle of oil or something under the floor boards that broke open.

Any ideas on either? the boat is a 16 foot lund predator with a 1988 50 yamaha 2 stroke.

Take the engine cover off and see if you see the linkage moving when you move the control handle and we can go from there.

By any chance do you use green oil in your Yamaha? Some may have been spilled at some time.

boat fixer- thanks for the help, I figured it out. looks like the place i brought it to didn't put a pin back, i re connected it and put the pin in. I dont know why I didn't think of that on the water, would have saved me a big headache.