• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Problems with my '97 Evinrude 150 Ficht

stick

OK...so I'm out last weekend at slightly faster than idle marking fish along breaklines. My motor sputters and dies. This motor has ALWAYS run smoothly. I started with the primer bulb, and it was soft, and it never has been. As I was squeezing it, I heard air sucking on the gas line. then I noticed the gas line was weather checked and it was pulling air. OK...it ran out of gas. I then started the kicker (on the same gas lines) and it sputtered until the air was out of the lines then it ran great. I cannot get the big motor started now. It turns over but no start. I believe that when I normally turn the key to on (without starting it), I hear the motor "whirr" a bit, and I believe this would be the fuel pump priming the fuel injection system. I do not hear that now...so I'm guessing that the fuel pump went out.

Can anyone confirm this or offer any other suggestions?