• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lowrance LCX-17M Problem

mpester

My unit read the correct depth about 80-90% of the time. The other 10-20% of the time it shows the depth as .6' or 1' with no variation – just a straight line across the screen at one of those depths. Rarely, the unit will go back to reading the depth correctly. Most of the time, I need to power off the unit and turn it back on. When the depth is reading .6' or 1', the ping from the transducer starts and stops. Do you think my transducer is failing? It has been doing this for the last couple of years with no increase or decrease in how often it happens.

No I have not but that is number two and three on the list of things to try. I am going to reset the factory default settings, then try a soft rest and finally try a hard reset. I read to try turning off the automatic sensitivity and/or reduce the sensitivity but I think that is for when you have trouble getting a reading in shallow, weedy areas.

Resetting the factory defaults seems to have fixed the problem. No issues today while I was out. When I got home, I took the thing out and I am half way done with putting in the new Humminbird 597ci HD DI.

My LCX's (112 & 37) would do the same thing. They'd work for several hours, and occasionally all day. Thought things were good....next time out, issues would resurface. The pinging / clicking of the transducer in your original post were exactly what I had. It wasn't until I got the new 'ducer that it worked consistently.