• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

STP - Frozen Watch Parties Gatherings Etc.

scsavre

UMD WATCH PARTIES

There will be UMD watch parties at all four Joe Senser's Sports Grills in Bloomington, Eagan, Plymouth and Roseville, starting at 3 p.m. on Thursday. All will include Bulldog giveaways.(this could be intereseting as I know the Bloomington location is usually a Sioux watch spot).

There is also a pregame party at 317 on Rice Park -- a classy event center -- from 2 to 4 p.m., but to attend you had to already reserve a spot.

For more info on activities for UMD fans and alumni, go to http://www.d.umn.edu/alumni/

... BULLDOGS TICKETS SOLD FAST

A UMD spokesman said the school was looking for more tickets. The 600 it had went quickly. UMD staff and players were taken care of first. They were given about a third of the tickets. The 400-some left were distributed to season ticket holders on a priority basis.

MICHIGAN PRE-GAME PARTY

Fans and alumni of Michigan will gather at Pat McGovern's Pub, 225 7th St. W., in downtown St. Paul from 4:30 to 7 p.m. on Thursday. *(I wouldnt mind making a statement to the Wolverines right here if I was a sioux fan)

The Wolverines play North Dakota at 7:30 p.m. at the nearby X.

A team spokesmen said the Michigan band may stop by.

There are at least 28 viewing parties scheduled across the country for the Fighting Sioux's national semifinal against Michigan at 7:30 p.m. Thursday.

The only one in Minnesota is right next to the Xcel Energy Center, in Exhibit Hall A in the River Centre. This one is actually a pre-game party, starting at 2:30 p.m.

There is no admission cost; hot dogs and beverages will be available for purchase. And, if UND advances to the championship game, there will be another pre-game party at 3 p.m. Saturday at the same site. The title game starts at 6 p.m.

NOTRE DAME FANS GATHERING, TOO

The Notre Dame Club of Minnesota also has a busy week planned. Here is the schedule:

Tuesday

7:30-10 p.m. Watch the Irish women's basketball team in the NCAA championship game at The Liffey Irish Pub, 175 7th St. W.

7:45 p.m. Welcome rally for men's hockey team at Holiday Inn in downtown St. Paul

Wednesday

6 p.m. Social hour at The Liffey

Thursday

11 a.m. Pre-game party and pep rally at Wild Tymes, 33 7th Place W.

4 p.m. Watch games at Wilde Tymes

Friday

6 p.m. Social hour at Wild Tymes

Go to www.ndmn.org on Thursday night for Saturday events

Nice work Scott. I'll be chasing snowgeese tomorrow listening to the Bulldogs play notre Dame I hope. Good luck to the Bulldogs. I plan to be back to GF for the UND game.

I would add that the Raiph Engelstad arena is having the game on the Jumbo screen. Its open to the public with 3$ beer and hotdogs. They had 3,000 turnout for the Denver game at regions so they should have a decent turnout.

Would be fun to head over to the Ralph up in GF if you can't make it down. $3 beer at the Ralph will result in quite the party I'm sure.

I seem to remember getting an invite to a UMD viewing party for alums, but I seem to have deleted it so no help. Will be at the X in a completely nervous state. I was a wreck watching the regionals, I'm really going to need to calm down during the F4.