• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ranger 1860 Angler pros & cons

Lindy Lee

I have the 1850 which is the same hull as the 1860, but just layed out a bit differently inside. I absolutely love it, and if you are a hardcore fisherman the 1860 will be an even better fit as it has better rod lockers and more space up front in terms of the casting deck.

These boats are great as they handle rough water well, but have a lot of flexibility for bass and musky fishing as well.

Ranger boats are known for their fit and finish as well, they are well put together boats; and the trailers are awesome too.

I dont think there is a better more multi-purpose boat/hull out there today. Best of luck ,and if you find one I wouldnt hesitate on pulling the trigger.

I couldnt be happier with my 1850.

I have a 2007 with a 150 Yamaha, dual console with individual low-profile windshields. Smooth, dry, quiet, nice running rig. I mainly target bass but will occasionally go after walleyes with my dad so wanted a multi-species boat for the versatility and comfort.

Pros:

- Excellent rod storage (up to six 8' sticks on top row and six 7'6" on bottom row)

- Large casting deck in front

- Large livewell (separate bait well in front)

- Fair amount of dry storage space that actually stays dry

Can't think of any cons or a boat I would rather have. I've been very happy with mine.