• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
gixxer01

Lowrance ice kits

I noticed on the box that they are for the X-series and the Elite series. I thought the HDS 5 was able to be used with an ice kit? Someone point me in the right direction as to which kit works with the HDS 5? I also was looking at the HDS 5 and couldn't find an ice mode/flasher. Is that only available on the Elite model?

I have an HDS 7 and emailed Lowrance about the ice kit when i was looking. They emailed me back pretty quickly and if i recall, the x-series & elite series kit worked with the HDS's. I ended up going with a Vex, so i didn't pursue that route.

You might want give Lowrance a quick call to make sure though.

I own the hds-5 and the ice mode is in the sonar menu. The flasher is a split screen with the regular graph. I would not recommend buying a hds-5 for the purpose of using the flasher. The flasher is quite delyed and the flasher colors are not good. the hds-5 is a great chart. i also own multiple vexilars and they are the best flashers on the market! I personlly think the newer lowrance units arnt the best graphs, but on the other hand they are great charts.

Someone point me in the right direction as to which kit works with the HDS 5? I also was looking at the HDS 5 and couldn't find an ice mode/flasher.

You will need the transducer adaptor cable to make it work with the HDS-5. It will cost you another $35.

Don't use your HDS in the flasher mode. Use it in the graph mode on one side and the chart GPS on the other. It works just as well as any brand of flasher and you have the plus of built in GPS. When you are done winter fishing it is also a fantastic unit in your boat.

Why not use it year round?