• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Exif data readers

Hey guys, been a while.

Just had to reformat my computer due to a virus obtained while researching honeymoon locations. P.S. - don't go to the Island of St. Croix chamber of commerce site without the most up-to-date virus protection. Anyway, I formerly had a nifty exif reader for firefox and I can't remember for the life of me what it was. I tried to search and downloaded Opanda, but it certainly doesn't seem to be the same as what I was using before. Anybody have any ideas for good ones?

Thanks,

Tom

Also, importing 15 gigs of songs back into iTunes sucks worse than being sick for four days. That is the worst part of the reformat. At least all of my photos were triple backed up so I can bring back the ones I want to the main hard drive, and keep copies on the externals.

Tom what browser are you using? Many have plug-ins that pull the exif up as a popup or right click and click view exif. Chrome (Exif Viewer) & Firefox (Exif Viewer 1.60) have several from basic to advanced.

Also, importing 15 gigs of songs back into iTunes sucks worse than being sick for four days.

You can do the same with your music as you do the pics. I just pull forward what I want on off either an external or use the selections right from my home network to pull any time I need. Just elect not to pull the music over to iTunes because if you have it in a Windows folder already (Windows Media and other media applications) you are just double copying anyways. I hate that. grin

Shack, I did figure out the quick way of getting my music back into iTunes. Good thing too, I didn't know that way existed the last time I reformatted my computer and it took almost a week to reimport all the music.

I will have to take a look at the one you mentioned Steve. The one I had before was awesome.

grin Steve is right on with EXIF Viewer 2.7 being a great application but I thought it was Mac daddy only wink. I could be wrong though but awhile back I was looking into very deep ways to pull info and trace images via EXIF data, IPTC information, comments, and other data helping out a friend whose iPhone was stolen. I remember EXIF Viewer 2.7 be an Apple program. Maybe Tom is running an Apple product with the mention of iTunes. I am sure Safari has a plug-in but the apps/extensions/plug ins do not seem to pull as much info as a software program.

I know Photoshop also pulls Exif info but have not messed around enough with it.

We are a bi-format household. Denise runs a Mac and I run a pc. Only reason I haven't switched is software costs. Currently posting this from her iPad. Probably going to experiment with some free exif apps on this thing and find one for my pc too. There are a ton of free apps for the iPad which is pretty cool. I think I am going to look for on that can toggle on and off cause she doesn't want to see the exif data from photos but I do.

Oh yeah autocoorrect sucks. Always tries to fix things, outdoors products are almost always a slight spin on a word or made up all together. A strikemaster lazer becomes a strike master lazier. Hate that. Know how to disable it? We both know how to spell, or at least passed english class with c's or better.