• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sportsman X2 or touring?

pikechaser

I did A LOOOOTTTTT of research before buying my 2 up machine. Anyone on the back of an x2 is not going to be your friend anymore. They are really uncomfortable. I went with a cat TRV, back seat was a little more comfortable than the polaris and couldn't afford the can am. I also found a head up test done by some mag. that I can't remember now. For comfortable back seat their testers came up with the same thing I did. #1 can am, #2 cat, #3 polaris touring, they didn't even test the x2. Just my opinion.

FWIW - I've got an X2 and love it. Have had a passenger many times for extended rides and no one has ever complained. I've been a passenger many times too, so I could see what it's like. True, it's not going to be as comfortable as in the driver's position, but it's really not bad.

The thing I love about the X2 is the dump box. I use it constantly and really makes it a great utility vehicle.

I tried the Can-Am, but didn't want to spend that much $$ on it. Also looked at the Cat, but it didn't have a dump box at the time. I also liked the Lock-N-Ride system better than what the others had to offer.

Haven't tried the Touring model, but remember that that unit is designed to trail ride 1st, and utility 2nd; whereas the X2 is the other way around. My guess is that the Touring model would be a better ride for the passenger than the X2, but that it may not have the full utility functions that the X2 has.

Try them out for yourself, ride them all, and get the one that you feel works best for you. If you give each one an honest shot and base your decision on that, you can't go wrong.

Yep. I had a 2006 X2 and loved it!! Until I rolled it frown Anyway, The dump box I used everyday and I do mean everyday (put stuff in it when stored in garage also). The turf mode is awesome also... Yes, the ride on the back is a bit stiff so if you want it for trail go Touring. But, it is nice not have to grab a trailer any time you want to move some earth wink

Father in law has a TRV...no offense to anyone...comfortable ride..but the rest of it sucks...Even the father in law isnt crazy bout it & he is more for comfort than performace/utility...Think im gonna have to go for the x2..tough to beat the versatility