• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Portable treestands: climber? Climbing sticks?

jdime

Climbers are great if your hunting in areas with trees like telephone poles, or have a tree picked out previously, and like to hunt all day. There quit comfortable.

The Lone Wolfs are awesome stands and hands down the best looking stand once set up in a tree. (They dont skyline much)

If you have multiple trees picked out, or you just dont want to leave your stand out and want something fast, look at the wedge-loc. The simplest fastest stand ive used. You can leave the chain, or have multiple chains for different locations, and use one stand.

Guess it comes down to how much you want to spend.

My wife and I have alot of different styles of stands, we have ladder (both single and double), hang ons, 1 climber and a 2 ground blinds.

Being versatile is the key!

I am looking for a new climber this year, looking at both the Summit and Lone Wolf. The climber I have now is ok, kind of one of those bargain ones I bought years ago. Need to upgrade.

There just is area's where certain applications are better than others.

Big oak trees are not real condusive to climbers, have a hard time putting up stands of any sort in brushy waterways, you can back pack a climber or portable with sticks and make them do.

Climbers are going to allow you to go as high as you want, not limited to the amount of steps/sections of sticks you bring with.

I am favoring a new climber for the fact I am going on more public land hunts this year and do not want to carry stands/sticks.