• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best Route to Western UP

Lazy Mike

Haven't been up there for a couple years now, but when I lived at my parents in the cities we always went 35 north to Duluth, across the Bong bridge through Superior on HWY 2 over to Ironwood. I don't know that it is the shortest, but it was alwyas the quickest and easiest with the enclosed 4 place. Have fun, the UP is great, especially if there's fresh snow. If you haven't been there head up to Lake of the Clouds. It is a fun ride up to it, as well as a great scenic overlook.

I go to lake gogebic all the time this is the fastest way i have found.

35N

exit MN 48

turns in to HWY 77 in WI

Next turn is in clam lake where you take GG that will take you on a short cut and meet you back up with HWY 77 which will take you right into Ironwood.

Look on a map you will see the route many people use the route so its easy to follow.

never know might see a wild elk in clam lake, wi

I go to lake gogebic all the time this is the fastest way i have found.

35N

exit MN 48

turns in to HWY 77 in WI

Next turn is in clam lake where you take GG that will take you on a short cut and meet you back up with HWY 77 which will take you right into Ironwood.

Look on a map you will see the route many people use the route so its easy to follow.

never know might see a wild elk in clam lake, wi

I like this route better than 35 to 2 (elk warning signs on 77 are entertaining-never have seen an elk), but if the weather is bad stick to 2 for sure. There is very little time difference between cutting across through Hayward or going to Duluth and then 2 the whole way.

Thanks for the responses. I ended up taking 35N to Hwy 2. The drive was not bad at all even with some light snow. It was my first time on Michigan trails and we really liked them. Nicley groomed and great signage. An extreme snow squall at Lake of the Clouds made for a memorable event.