• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ATV issue

no bait nate

I have an 2000 Arctic Cat 300. This machine has been used and abused for the last ten years but has always been trouble free. For some reason as of late it has been bogging out a bit or sputtering, if you will, when driving around on the lakes. It doesn't seem to do it all the time and has just started, ran great all year so far plowing the driveway. I didn't know what to look for so I started taking apart the intake system. The air filter seems to be damp with fuel and I'm not sure what could be causing this? Any info or ideas would be appreciated?

Sounds like another candidate for a good carb cleaning as well as a valve adjustment. You might also want to make sure that everything from the airbox to the carb to the engine is sealed up good. Parts may have worked loose after 10 years and you might have a leak.

You did mention the air filter is damp with fuel so I would guess that the intake valves might be out of adjustment.

We'll see what Mac has to say if he chimes in grin.

I always carry a can of sea-foam with and when I put gas in a little red can or my "toys" I always add a shot of it. That way when the temps jump and drop any condensation that take place get taken care of right away. It does sound too late for it to take good care of the carb but, it never hurts. Carbs aren't hard to clean at all. If you take your time you can do it and save some $ or you can help to stimulate our economy. either way it will help out. Isn't being an owner great. lol make sure your choke cable isn't frozen also with the cold temps. that can help it bog when its warmed up.