• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

English Setters

I_Got_One

Ya watching a dog go on point is awesome! I love it when my lab does, but it is usually only in november or december when the birds are sitting tight. But yes I agree with you on the whole time thing, i think it depends on the bread and the dog. I think that the reason training pointers are so confusing/complicated to me is because Ive never really hunted over one or even been around one.

Newby214. If you are serious about it then I would recommend some internet research. I would call some kennels and figure what breed of dogs you may want and then start to talk to some breeders. I am a setter man for life so I'm very biased. You'll need to figure what kind of dog you want as some kennels nreed for different things. You also could look up some other materials as there are some great books and DVDs.

Pointing dogs are great. they are work but as far as I'm concerned the training part is some of the most fun you'll have. Knowing the dogs is a product his instincts and your work makes very point all the sweeter.