• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Turn signals

red ice

The neighbor just bought himself a new Kawasaki Mule. Had the dealer put a fully enclosed cab and tracks on it. Today he asked me about putting turn signals on it. Guess the cab reduces his visibility and he wants people to know where he's going when driving around town. Understandable. This is something I can do. But, wondering if anyone else has done this? Is there a kit? Would I need to bump up the charging system? Looking for some advice before I get in too deep.

Thanks!

RED

I'd first check with the city to make sure it's even legal to ride on city streets. I'm not aware of any kits here in the US (they do have kits available across the pond). If cost isn't an issue, I would go with LED lights and there should be no necessary changes to the charging system.

I added turn signals, dome lights, flood lights front and back, backup lights, trailer pig tail, and a third brake light to my mule 3010.

It is pretty easy to do.

Use a Signal-Stat turn signal switch you can find them on the web or at a truck parts place.

Use relays to switch fused power from the battery for everything.

I ran the relays off my light switch so when the light switch is off everything is off.

Run the relay from the other side of the light switch to have everything turn off with the key.

I used the existing back lights and bought some lollypop lights for the front turn signals.

The 3010 alternator only puts out 15 AMPS so use LED's for all your lights if you can.

For about $500 you can get a 50+ AMP alternator but you have to cut the shroud, install a pulley on the end of the crank and a bracket to hold the alternator.

I just choose to use the power wisely and I will get an extra battery with an isolator if needed.

If you want pics, schematics, and other hints I would be glad to start another thread showing you how to do it.

I hope I am not too late on this but I hope to get some much needed garage time in this weekend.

I will take pics and draw up schematics for everything and get it posted.

I have some nice extra features that those other kits don't have so even if it is too late you might want to do some add ons.

-Merk