• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hot hands

FrontenacPike

Hello guys I'm looking to add some heated grips to my Arctic Cat ATV. There are several manufactures I've looked at but what is everyone using and do you like them. I want ones that have a couple levels of heat adjustment, with the top level that will keep my hands toast when it's -15 on the ice. Any input would be appreciated.

Not that this will be a lot of help for you, but last winter I had the Polaris brand hand warmers and thumb warmer installed on my Sportsman. It is a GREAT investment for the ice! You hit the nail on the head to make sure you get warmers that have at least a High and Low setting. The high setting on the warmers gets really warm. There are many times last winter when the temps are in the teens that I will go from spot to spot without my gloves on.

I've got what I think are Cycle Country heated grips (they look nearly identical anyways).

Several years and no problems so far. What I like about these is that they use a softer rubber (similar to the original grips) that is suitable for year round use.

Some of them out there look to be a hard rubber of maybe plastic, I can't imagine that being too comfortable with out gloves.

I purchased a set from Cabelas last year. It also has a thumb warmer for the throttle. I've been very happy with them. Wouldn't go without them during the winter ever again.

Do the cabela's have adjustable settings and is the hottest setting actually hot or a luke warm?

Do the cabela's have adjustable settings and is the hottest setting actually hot or a luke warm?

It has 5 different settings from low to high. You can set the thumb to a different setting than what the grips are set at as well. It gets pretty hot. I use mine for ice fishing and plowing the driveway. I rarely keep it on the high setting as it gets too hot.

It has 5 different settings from low to high. You can set the thumb to a different setting than what the grips are set at as well. It gets pretty hot. I use mine for ice fishing and plowing the driveway. I rarely keep it on the high setting as it gets too hot.

Can't seem to find the one you are talking about on Cabelas HSOforum....wonder if they quit selling em??? Bummer, you had me talked into them.

I also use the Moose set with the thumbwarmer and would recommend them for quality and adjustability. I have a set on both of my current wheelers and they make a huge difference on those cold ice fishing days. Like was mentioned above - a shot of compressed air into the handle bar end will make removing the stock grips a snap and keeps them in nice shape if you want to reuse them later. If you google Moose Four Zone you should have no trouble finding them, they sell them in a basic set that is only the heating elements that go under your stock grips, or the package that has the grips with the heat element built into the grip. Both sets come with a thumbwarmer and 5 ranges of heat. The controller on mine also has an accesory connection for plugging in heated helmet shield etc. I think they both do but both my sets are the built into the grip style so I can't say for certain.

I found the Moose and the Symtec grips. It looks like the Symtec's are almost identical to the Moose but are cheaper in price. I will be ordering Symtecs tonight....thanks guys for the input.

BTW it appears that Cabelas doesn't sell them anymore. Will be ordering from Symtec web store.

Like I previously posted I ordered "Complete ATV Heated Grip and Thumb Warmer Kit" from Symtec. Shipping was fast, maybe 2 or 3 days. I installed the Kit on my cat the other day and it went real good. I followed the instructions which were well worded and easy to follow. I powered them up once installed and the hottest setting was HOT. I love em!!!! Thanks everyone for your input.