• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Boat Slip Suggestions

TallPaull

I currently have a boat slip on White Bear Lake and with the low water level I am trying to find a new lake/slip for next year. Does anyone know of other lakes that have boat slips that can be rented for the year? I am ultimately looking for a slip within a 30-45 minute drive of Blaine.

* This was also posted under "Open Water" but figured I would post it on here as well.

i think the St. Croix would be a great option for you to look into. There are marinas all over the St. Croix that I am sure you could find a good deal at if you called around to a few different places like this. The St. Croix is huge so your going to have a lot of options, but if you want to stay within 40 minutes of Blaine, your best bet is going to be getting a boat slip in the Stillwater/Bayport area.

The St. Croix is not only a beautiful and very scenic river, it also is an amazing fishery and if you are ever looking to wet a line, your going to have a great chance at catching some fish (great bass, muskie, walleye, sturgeon, etc).

Another option I can think of would be Mississippi Pool 2. It will be a little shorter drive from Blaine than going to the St. Croix will be. Not nearly as many places to get a boat slip, but I do know of one good place you could check out called Watergate Marina. Give them a call, they would most likely have openings.

If you do not want to get a slip on a river and are more interested in staying on a lake, Lake Minnetonka would be your best bet IMHO. according to google maps, it is 32 minutes from Blaine (to the very eastern tip of Tonka). Tonka is a enormous lake and there is practically a marina in every bay of the lake. If you want to stay on a lake as opposed to going to the St Croix or Mississippi, I'd highly suggest Minnetonka. There is some great fishing to be had on Tonka!

Hope this helps.