• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

were can i bowfish

were can i bowfish from shore around anoka county?

will be making a takedown recurve bow and cant figure what to use it for other than bowfishing and i dont have a boat. Dont want to travel far so try to keep it within anoka county.

can i bowfish for any fish like carp sunnys and crappies? can i simply walk the shore around coon lake and bowfish for sunnies?

taken from page 59 in the dnr bible

BOW FISHING SEASON, SPECIES AND POSSESSION LIMIT

From sunrise to sunset, May 1, 2010– Last Sunday in February.

Rough fish are defined as carp, buffalo, sucker, redhorse, sheepshead, bowfin, burbot (eelpout), cisco (tullibee), gar, mooneye, and bullhead.

LIMITS:

SUCKER 100

REDHORSE 50

OTHER ROUGH FISH SPECIES

No limit

• Rough fish taken by bowfishing shall not be returned to the water or left on the banks of any water.

• A bow may be transported uncased and discharged while taking rough fish in a boat powered by an electric motor.

• Crossbows may not be used to take rough fish except by disabled persons who have a valid crossbow permit. Permit applications are available from the DNR Information Center or through the DNR web site.

• Arrows must be attached to the bow with a tethered line. Broadheads must have barbs for bowfishing.

• Night bowfishing total noise levels may not exceed 65 decibels on the ‘A” scale at a distance of 50 ft from the boat.

• From sunset to sunrise, a person bowfishing with the assistance of a gasoline-powered motor must use a four-stroke powered generator. • Bowfishing can be done from open water or through the ice in a fish

house or shelter day or night with or without lights. • Must take reasonable measures to retreive arrows and wounded fish. • Cannot discharge an arrow while bowfishing within 150 ft. of occupied

structures or within 300 ft. of campsite from sunset to sunrise. • Possession of bows and arrows for bowfishing is subject to local

firearms and archery ordinances.

I am not a spearer, but have goneout with friends before and had a balst, but do like to bowfish, after reading the regs of bowfishing, you can shoot a bow in a fish house for rough fish only? I was always under the impression, that bows in a fishouse were not allowed, i understand you cant take a northern with a bow, but you legally can take rough fish thru the ice, in a dark house? News to me, seems dangerous to me as well

I am not a spearer, but have goneout with friends before and had a balst, but do like to bowfish, after reading the regs of bowfishing, you can shoot a bow in a fish house for rough fish only? I was always under the impression, that bows in a fishouse were not allowed, i understand you cant take a northern with a bow, but you legally can take rough fish thru the ice, in a dark house? News to me, seems dangerous to me as well

Yup, perfectly legal. I've known some guys who have done this. It's a riot!