• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fall Bluegills?

Nathansdad

They will hold onto the weeds until temps really start to plummit... then you can find them cruising deeper, hard-bottom spots before making the early ice run... some of my bigger gills come out deeper right before ice-up... great time to fish for a monster! The exciting shallow water bite is sadly over for the most part frown

answer really depends on the lake.....one lake i fish is a shallow relatively small lake with a thick weedline, and the are still holding pretty tight...two other fairly similar larger lakes i fish often, they are holding out in 15 to 20 ft. if fishing a lake i had never been on, would start at about 8 to 9 ft and work my way out as deep as lower 20's. they will be somewhere in there smile

Little gills in the shallows and big gills deep. Transition areas like weeds to rock or weeds to sand or.. well you get the picture. 24ft 12ft down off a long slow tapering weedy lake point that ends in rock has been my hot spot for the latter part of summer every year now.