• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Another Tilt & Trim Question

delmuts

The thumb switch for the tilt and trim on the trottle control for my yamaha dedcided to only work once in a while. I'm guessing the contact is dirty or going bad. My problem is that i don't see any screws to take the handle apart to clean or work on it. Is this a complete unit or am i not seeing something?

You will likely have to remove the handle to get at any screws or clips that could be holding the handle together. Not completly certain about the Yamahas but you may have to advance the handle to remove a set screw.

Well !! It's never easy! I had to unbolt the shift control to access the head of the bolt that holds the shift arm in place. Then i could get at the bracket that held the trim switch in place. crazy Course the *&^%^^&** switch works perfectly NOW!!! cry

Since it looks like the wires from the switch run all the way back to the motor,i plan to just get a can of contact cleaner, give it good dose, and put it back together.( man I wish my garage was air conditioned!! it's hot out there!) grin Thanks!

Well, got on the river this weekend, and guess what? The til and trim would only lower the motor. Not raise it!WQW#$%%#%#%#$# mad !! We got by since i had Alex sitting towards the bow, so he could tilt the motor up when needed. So now i plan to replace the switch.

My question is? Are the tilt and trim switches a dedicated unit,( mine's a yamaha) or will any brand work?