• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone up for a Kayak/fishing get together?

I've only had mine for a few weeks but I've just fished the Mankato area lakes. Would definitely be up for a road trip some weekend, along with maybe some camping.

My setup is a 12' Old Town Vapor XT Angler model. I haven't had a chance to add anything to it. The only things i'm really interested in adding to it would be a rod holder, and a cheap fish finder.

If anyone decides they want to fish from the yaks this weekend, let me know! I've got nothing going, and feel like getting out. Are there any non-motorized lakes in the metro area? I think it would be nice to stay off of the crowded lakes if possible.

Are there any non-motorized lakes in the metro area? I think it would be nice to stay off of the crowded lakes if possible.

The Minneapolis chain of lakes are great for paddling around, plenty of yaks and canoes on a daily basis out there, trolling motor only, but you do have sailboats to deal with out on Calhoun. Although there are no jet skis or water skiers to deal with. You can paddle from Calhoun thru Isles and into Cedar and Brownie. Fishing results can be suprising at times on those lakes. You don't need to put in at the Calhoun landing(parking can be difficult right there), I see folks deploying their canoes and kayaks from a lot of different shore spots. Pretty much any place they can find a parking space close to the water.

I won't be able to go this weekend. Next weekend (8/21 or 8/22) looks good though. My next chance to go wouldn't be until 9/11 or 9/12.
That sounds good man. I think i'll be availible next weekend as well. Just let me know if you want to go out and fish. ted4887AThotmail.com