• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Moose Lake and Kids

Cowhead

I am thinking about heading up to moose lake on the 31st to go ride the Soo Line Trails and well the woman is going to ride with me and then her boy is 8yrs old and he has a little 2wd Kawasaki 110 so what does he need on that Kawasaki to be Legal and what direction would be the best way to head from Moose Lake since it looks like there is 3 different ways to go. We are looking for Something Scenic and somthing easy for an 8yr old and a 110 to ride on we want to make an all day event out of this and i believe his 4wheeler only runs about 25 or so, so we will need to kinda stay clear of the faster riding trails and what not so once again any input on this subject would be great

First of all, I do not think legally the 8 year old can ride on the trails with a 110cc machine, I believe it has to be a 90cc or smaller at that age. Then it has to be registered too.

As far as trails, it kind of depends on where you are staying.

Are you camping and wanting to drive the wheelers from the campsite?

Are you leaving them trailered until you get to a trail head?

There is access all through Moose Lake for wheelers to be rode on, some of the trails in town go through ditches and are somewhat steep and require some manuevering, nothing too tough but not sure on the sons riding ability.

The Soo line has riders of all abilities on it, most are great when they see youngsters on it. The Soo line pits are just North of town and have trails around it and also a great play area.

If you are trailering them I would recommend heading over to Nemadji State Forest, it is directly East of Moose Lake about 20 miles and there is great trail riding over there.

Under 10 years of age can only ride on private property.

Age 10-11 can only be on a machine 90cc or smaller. Anything larger than 900cc they need to be 12 or older.

At the top of the list of threads on this page, there is a link to the MN ATV Regulations. I ask that you read through that to get a good understanding of what's legal and what is not.

If you have any other questions, let us know.