• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Coon Rapids Pike Lakes???

My Dad is flying out from Vegas and wants to get into some Pike, I am new to the Coon Rapids area so I haven't had a chance to really get out there and fish the area lakes... I am looking for some tips on which CR area lake would be best for him to tie into a few good pike? I fished Crooked Lake with not much luck and Did ok on Coon Lake... I want to drive no more than 20 min from the CR area as we are on a small time frame. Thanks!

In lake finder, type in the lake you wish to see. In the search results, click on "go" for the info you would like.

For example:

1. Type in "Crooked" and hit enter.

2. Find 02008400 (Anoka) and click on 'go' under lake information.

3. Now you see basic info about the lake. As you scroll down, you see the trap/net info for a certain year. It's interesting but I go down further to "Length of Selected Species Sampled for All Gear for the 2004 Survey Year"

This shows a better view of what they found in the lake. As a kid, I assumed that Crooked Lake was a good sunfish lake but it appears that the sunfish are small. On the other hand, a lot of Northern Pike were found.

Now I go up to "Fish Sampled up to the 2004 Survey Year" and look at Northern Pike and see that the DNR's normal range and weights are greater here then elsewhere (if I'm reading it right).

Catching them is another story. LOL

for 20 min. from coon rapids i would suggest three lakes. coon-already mentiond. lindwood-chance for better size. and peltier-average size is larger. i like trolling in peltier, casting on the other lakes. good luck.