• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Battery charger problem

foulpole18

I have a minnkota mk330 onboard battery charger. On 1 of the 3 banks it says to check connection but also flashes that battery is charged. If I check the battery with the indicator on the boat I get nothing on this battery. The connections are clean and solid. Is the charger shot or am I missing something?

This battery is the 2nd battery on a 24v system. Both the other two seem to be working normally.

I'm not familiar with your charger... have you verified the voltage on that battery with a battery tester or volt meter? It sounds to me like that battery is completely dead, and is too far gone for your charger to bring it back.

I'd check that battery with a volt meter.. .if it's very low I'd charge it on a regular charger for a while... when it nears full charge hook it up to the onboard charger and see what happens.

On board chargers don't handle fully discharged batteries well, and usually just error out instead of charging them.

marine_man