• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who sells palm trees?

deerminator

I've thought about buying a fairly large for next to the patio but small enough to bring indoors one during the cold months for a few years now. Any suggestions on who in the Cities sells them before I start calling around? I do this right now with some cool looking tropicalls (mass canes and what not)but woud like to try a palm. I read a gardening forum where a guy from Iowa leave his out all year round! He wraps it thoroughly and heats it with christmas tree lights during the extreme cold months.

Deer-

I have also been thinking of adding a palm or two and am unsure what species or where to buy. This week I played the TPC in Blaine and a house on the front nine has a bunch of palms in his back yard pool area. It looked great and got me thinking more about this. Apparently, the guy just lets them die in the winter and replants in the spring. A little too expensive for me.

I have a couple good locations in my yard where I could conceal a planter and then pull them in the fall and put indoors. Please post any results you have in your research and I’ll do the same.

-Moonshine

Thanks. I've haven't called too many places but none have them or really have much interest in getting them, which I cant blame them for. I have seen lots of sites online that will sell smaller ones through the mail though. I remember the Pickled Parrot in Eden Prairie taking flak from city officials for planting palms in the ground during the summer. It didn't fit the "theme of the city." What did, that nice transit center they plopped down right next to it?

Queen palms are the smallest if you are going to move them inside, they need a ton of sun and little water. they are desert trees, i have two in my yard that are 35 ft tall you can have but you need to come and get them.