• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Yellow Warbler

Ever since I saw my first one a couple years ago, I've really wanted a shot of one. To get this first shot, I sat in a hot ghillie suit for about 15 minutes. It was the only way to get close enough to this skittish little bird. I then went to sit on this deck and eat my dinner, overlooking the MN river backwaters, and the silly guy flew over and landed on the railing of the deck. I slowly raised my camera and in the meantime he was hopping to the other end of the railing. I managed this one shot before he flew.

They were both shot with the Canon 50D and 100-400L lens at f8. The first shot was +1 EC and the second one was 0 EC. For some reason, I had my zoom extended to just 360mm. It must have been the excitement. grin

4646632098_9f9ca26c10_o.jpg

4646632048_e35f6e74b9_o.jpg