• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shorelander Trailer remodel?

mnhunter2

I have a new 2003 18' lund alaskan with a 2003 shorelander bunk trailer under it and I will be loading it most of the time by myself and quite often on unimproved accesses and I was wondering if I should be putting new rollers and some sort of guides on the trailer?

Congrats on the purchase!

Where are you thinking of adding rollers to a bunk trailer? A roller trailer would probably serve you better under the conditions you're planning on using you boat on. That being as it is, I'd be sure to dunk your bunks before loading your boat - back the trailer in far enough to wet the carpet on the bunks, then pull out far enough to load the boat - that'll make loading go a little smoother.

As far as side guides go; with a bunk trailer I don't think you'll need them.. the bunks will center you pretty quickly unless you're backed in too deep or fishing in extreme current.

Good Luck!

marine_man

I have a bunk trailer as well, and I have a can of silicone spray to spray on the bunks, makes them real slick. Its amazing the difference it makes when unloading and loading the boat. Something to try to make it easier on yourself.