• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What is a 9.9 Johnson worth?

roadracer

Hey guys,

I had an extra motor on the boat I bought and I really don't need it. That an with having been out of work since October some extra cash wouldn't hurt.

So what do you think a 9.9 Johnson, that just had the carb. professionally cleaned, new lower unit oil, and the recoil repaired worth?

Thank you for looking and any input you are willing to share!

Kevin

NEXPLANAR you are most definately correct I am missing some important information. Thank you for catching that!

It is a model 10R79B which I understand to be a 10 = 9.9, R = rope start, 79 = 1979 (year), B = model run or suffix.

And I believe that it is a short shaft (almost positive it's about 5" shorter than the 25 it's hanging next too)

Thank you again everyone!

Kevin

Yeah if it looks nice with all the decals and good paint I'd say $350 and then go down from there a little. If the thing runs really well it doesn't have to look very pretty IMO. Seems like people sell the Camo painted over ones a little cheaper (like $25 less) for the same motor. If you've had that kind of work done to it and its running like its new, I'd shoot for the $325 - $350 area first!