• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

First Tiger Wrap

Well I stripped an old rod I didn't use much so I could experiment with doin the tiger wrap as well as try my first spiral wrap. I have the under wraps done for the guides but have yet to put them on. I wanted to finish the tiger first. I am very pleased with how it turned out minus the fact I lost the battle of keeping the wrap dust free. Not sure what happened with that but stuff happens. Black and metallic copper under with black and a sacrificial thread or the top. As the rod spins its very 3d with a lot of movement. I dig the tiger effect.

Freshly cover in finish.

id920h.jpg

My next tiger I think might try three under... metallic red, metallic black, & pearl white glow in the dark with black nylon over the top with two sacrificial threads. But I still need to work on my multi thread wrappin skills. lol

Its pretty simple. Its just black and metallic copper wrapped side by side with 3 layers of finish over it. Then black and and a sacrificial thread wrapped in the opposite direction over the top. Once the top wrap is done carefully remove the sacrificial thread and coat with finish and it comes alive.