• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

lund taking on water!!

DIESELDAN

I have a 19' 1998 lund pro v with a 200hp yahama vmax and a t8 kicker. This weekend with a full tank of fuel and 4 good sized guys in it water was coming in through the back splash catch, one of the one way flaps was not working correctly and that catch basin had a lot of water in it, it was leaking in around the axcess cover and where the cables and wires go through. Also the rear livewell would fill up because the overflow was lower than the water line so water would just flow in. thus making the rear of the boat even lower. I guess my question is if I fix that one way flap that will take care of that problem, but how do I keep water from filling up the livewell. Is my problem just too much weight near the rear of the boat with 2 motors and 4 good sized guys or is should that boat be able to handle that load. any suggestions or tricks would be appreaceated thanx DIESEL DAN

First thing you need to do is look for the yellow plate that states the load capacity of the boat and tell us what it says. And also you say "4 good size guys", whats that mean, about 250-300 each?

Sounds like you were way overloaded IMO.

Did you try draining the bilge?

First thing you need to do is look for the yellow plate that states the load capacity of the boat and tell us what it says.

I agree that that's the first course of action. If you've got water back feeding through the livewell overflow you've got too much weight in the back of the boat.

marine_man