• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dented Pontoon

MurkyWaters

The hard winds last week caused my pontoon to rub up against some rocks. The aluminum pontoons are scratched and there is about a football sized dent in one of them. I don't think that there is any serious damage because it is still floating. However, it is an eye sore. I'm considering getting it fixed at a shop. Does anyone know of any businesses in the metro, preferably west metro (Rockford), that repair pontoons? Is it pretty expensive?

Thanks,

Murky

With it being aluminum , you'll never be able to fully remove the damage because the metal has been stretched it will always be wavy and possibly distort the surrounding metal to make it look even worse. One thing that could be done if you really are worried about the looks of it is not attempt to remove the dent and have it patched over and welded on, this would probably be your cheapest option.

Another thing you could do is grind the welds that hold the pontoons onto the deck and flip them, putting the port pontoon on the starboard side and vice-versa. This would put the now inside side and hopefully better looking side of the pontoons on the outside and hide the damaged side.