• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

maint question

unotrouble2

Ok call me challenged, on my Polaris 2004 Sportsman 600 i just recently had a wrench show up on my display - it flashed a few times then went out.

My machine gets lubed, oil/filter change annually. i have about 280 miles on it so you can see it doesn't get used much other then for ice fishing.

I have a service manual but it doesn't talk about displays, it's for the tech savy person i'm sure

any help would be appreciated.

1) Turn the ignition switch on. Do not start the motor at this time.

2) Press the "SELECT" button to scroll through the speedometer's menu functions until the remaining service hours are displayed.

3)Press and hold the "MENU" button until service hours flash on the display.

4) Press the "SELECT" button repeatedly to scroll through the interval settings. This will allow you to adjust the amount of engine operation hours before triggering the service wrench Icon. You may elect to turn the service feature off completely by selecting "OFF" in the menu.

5) Wait until the service hours display stops flashing, then turn the ignition switch off. The service wrench icon has now been reset.

Sportsman HO Models

1) Turn the ignition switch on then off. Wait for a 10-second period.

2) Lock the parking brake and place the ATV into neutral.

3) Press and hold the "Mode/Reverse Override" button and turn the ignition switch on. Release the "Mode/Reverse Override" button once the speedometer display has fully activated.

4) Press the "Mode/Reverse Override" button to scroll through the menu functions on the display until you have reached the service interval function. Select the service interval function by holding the "Mode/Reverse Override" button for three seconds until the service wrench icon begins to flash.

5) Set the next service interval by holding the "Mode/Reverse Override" button to advance the next service interval in one-hour increments. Wait until the service hours display stops flashing and turn the ignition switch off. The service wrench icon has now been reset.