• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Additional BIrds from the SW US

Here are two more from Vacation. I need some help on ID's of both of these. I beleive the first on to be a Great Tailed Grackle Adult Western if I am wrong feel free to slap me up side the head and tell me.

123160583.jpg

NOw this picture is not very sharp but I liked the reflections of him.

NOt sure of Breed, something from Europe if I remeber correctly

123160584.jpg

The ever popular Bufflehead

123160671.jpg

Paul, I like the pose and angle in that third shot alot.

The first could be an adult female western great-tailed grackle. It looks pretty close. The second is not represented in my Sibley guide anywhere. The third is a male hooded merganser. Are these wild birds? If they were shot in a zoo, the first and second one could easily be species that don't occur wild in America.

YOu know, I even new that 3rd one was a hoodie, for some dumb reason I keep calling them the wrong thing. I am such a twit. Anyway those birds were in a wildlife sancutary in Las Vegas at our hotel. The duck is either a Chineese duck or a European Duck but I can't find a placard picture with that on one it. I took pics of all the placards but must have missed that one.