• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

raspberries / shade question

lindy rig

I'm thinking about putting up a shed in my backyard. One of the locations I am thinking of would basically block much of the sunlight on our raspberries.

Any idea if the raspberries would do fine mostly in the shade? Or does it depend on the individual strain?

they will still grow there, but will not produce fruit nearly as well.I have a more shade tolerant strain of blackberry/black raspberry that does better than the red or yellow raspberries. have no clue what it is, but even so the best fruit comes from the tips that get the most sun.

Hmmm.. Thanks for the advice. Most of the wild raspberries I see are in the woods and completely shaded.... But I'm guessing that those are a different strain as they even look different. The ones we currently get are nice big and light red in color.

It would kind of defeat the purpose to keep them if they won't produce much. Be better off clearing them out and placing the shed in that spot.

Could I transplant them?