• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Strawberries and mulch

leechmann

I remove mine as soon as it isn't muddy.

Leechman.....how did those new plants you put in last year do?

If you want berries a week or two earlier.....cover them with spon-bonded row covers.If I do that with 1/2 my bed....they are 10-14 days earlier than the ones right next to them that are not covered.Extends the harvest.

Thanks Ken, I'll get the mulch off soon then. As for the whopper strawberries I planted last year, the plants grew very nice. They were very hardy. I didn't get much for berries off of them as I tried to keep them from berring. If they made it through the winter, they should be really something this year. I'll let you know.

Thanks again

Leechmann

I bought some rose bush plants from menards today. They are the ones with the stems cut way back. They are very dry and just starting to bud. Wondering if I should let them stay somewhat dormant or if I should water them and get them going. The only trouble is we are still along way aways from planting weather. Any thoughts?

Thanks