• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Easton Corbins new (first) cd...opinions

life=outdoors92

so i just got it over the weekend, and being a huge country fan (any country from 1940's-now i love to death) i think its one of the best country cd's i have ever listened too. of course, i do favor the country western style and this is basically what the cd is. he is just an amazing voice (sounds almost just like george strait!), and could be the person who keeps traditional country music around and possibly expand

Yeah, good to hear some still taking a shot at the traditional side of country music. Current radio seems to lean a bit too far towards the pop side of country a bit too much in my opinion. Traditional country does exist out there, a person just has to dig for it a bit. The music coming out of Texas has plenty of it to be found. A few to check out are Aaron Watson, Jason Boland and the Stragglers, Randy Rogers Band (up for ACM vocal group of the year) Dale Watson, Roger Creager, Turnpike Troubadours, Wade Bowen, Robert Earl Keen and Stoney LaRue to name a few on a list that could get rather lengthy.

i have heard and listened to most of those. on sundays 7-9 pm BOB106.1 fm has a program where they play all current texas country music. i love it. i actually was at the minnesota state fair and watched Aaron Watson perform. he is much better live it seems.

I'm a fan of that Sunday night show on BOB as well. Good that Texas/Red Dirt music is getting some local support. That style of music is so good and deserves the exposure. I was out for the Stoney Larue and Micky and the Motorcars show at Medina last month and it was a great show. The bands even hung out afterwards and bowled with everyone. I've been a fan of TX music for quite a few years and have chased it all over Texas so is nice to see the bands playing close to home. No justice is going to be here later this month. Good to see another fan of Texas music here!