• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New video camera?

I have been out of the video camera game for quite a while (used to sell em back in the college days). We have our first child due in the next month and we want to get a video camera for the fun times ahead.

So, I am not looking to spend very much $150-300 (maybe more if a feature really stood out as needed). It does not have to be anything special, but smaller and lightweight would be nice. I am just starting to research these....but though I would ask for recommendations here if anyone has purchased something along these lines.

Any special features they have out these days that are must haves? Any thoughts on type of storage?

First of all CONGRATULATIONS!! How exciting! I don't know if you are looking for compact and portable but in that price range the Flip video and Kodak video pocket cams are pretty nice. I will be likely purchasing a Kodak Playsport when they come out in April. Waterproof, built in IS, compact size 1080 HD video with easy transfer and editing software.

As far as regular cameras go I won't be of much use there, its been 10 years since I bought my last one! And in this day and age that pre-historic!