• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

batteries

Thanks for all the info about taking care of my motor. It doesn't sound like there is that much to it.

Now I would like to put on an electric trolling motor (50 pound thrust) and I am finding that batteries and chargers are a lot more confusing than I thought possible.

Does anyone have any opinions or sources of good information on selecting the correct size and type of battery and charger. I was talking to a salesman at Cabelas last night and he was trying to sell me a $200 on board charger. It had 2 leads at 10 amps apiece. I didn't really want to spend that much on a charger but if it would be a lot more convenient I guess I could do it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Herkey, Ive been using them exide batteries for the past6-7 years and had great luck with them.I would get one of the bigger ones and if you have room and you go out alot for long periods of time get 2 and hook them up in parellel you get a long time running and the batteries last a long time.The on board charger for just 1 battery isnt a big deal but when you start having 3-4 battteries in your boat thats when its nice.

------------------
fishing fever guide service
fishingminnesota.com/fishingfever/
phone 218-327-2191
e-mail [email protected]