• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The humble pigeon.

JayinMN

They are pretty cool and I sure appreciate the way you've caught the light reflecting off those feathers.

When I was growing up, my sister had a pet pigeon she'd raised after it had fallen out of the nest. The pigeon was very friendy, loved to circle the yard then land on your head and ride around. In addition to farming, my Dad sold real estate part time. He had some people stop one day to look at a piece of recreational property and the lady had "big hair" as was the popular style in the day. The pigeon must've taken this as a sign because when it came flying out of nowhere and became entangled in her tresses, the shrieking was reminiscent of a scene from The Birds. As kids, we were rolling on the ground laughing and Dad, let's just say he was less than amused. wink

That first guy is quite the poser. Pretty colors. Your caption sounds like a yoga pose. The 'pigeon,' the 'funky pigeon,' the 'screaming pigeon.' Wonder what a humble pigeon might be like? Good story dotch. Nice photos jayinmn!