• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

time to hang up the bow

slopmaster

Well i filled my last tag tonight i shot a doe fawn in SD. College started up again today and after doing some public land scouting last night my roomate and i found a good spot and hung our stands. Deep snow + lots of deer trails + no human tracks + colder temps + food source = perfect late season spot. By 330 the deer were moving and we were ready. i passed on a 2 fawns early and had a lone doe working her way towards me but after 20 minutes she ventured off a different direction. then i had a fawn come up the bank right under my tree. At this point i knew i was going to shoot it i had planed on shooting the first deer and soon relized i should stick to my original plan. I drew on her 2 times but had to let down becasue of brush. FInally she stepped out at 20 yards in the opening and faced broadside. I let the reezen go and my arrow tipped with a rage 2 blade was soon out the other side of the deer and the snow was turning red very fast. she ran about 50 yards did a small circle and was down for the count in sight. I will get a picture tommorrow to post since the girlfriend was not around. Again its not the bigest deer but for late season im extremely happy. And it was 25 out which was pretty nice considering last time i went bow hunting it was -16 but that was still fun casue my father shot 2 with the rifle. Needless to say late season has been good to my father and i the past couple seasons with similar results, it can be brutal and hardwork but the rewards are more than worth the effort. Hope you all had a great season and i cant wait for next year to come around!