• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lodging Question

FishHawkk,
There is a nice camp ground on Grahams island. There are alot of nice motels to stay at. I stay at the Days Inn almost all of the time. Reasonably priced and right next to "The Ranch", which is a nice spot to stop in for a cold one and a bite to eat. Great food and good people. You can get bait and info at Ed's Bait. They have maps available there. Post a reply as to how you do. I will be heading up there the last week in August.

Good luck fishing

You can stay at many different places in DL. Comfort Inn, Great American Inn, Trails West, Days Inn, Super 8 and a couple others I don't stay at. Then you could stay at Woodlands resort, the spirit water inn in Minnewaukan, or any of the other campgrounds in the area.

As far as lake maps, I believe there is only one map available. Watch the wind. she'll beat you good if you stray too far from the boat access. Saw lotsa little ones caught this weekend. Better than catching nothing at all.

We just got back from 2.5 days on DL. I was very impressed with the lake. Even though it was very windy, we still found productive areas. We caught between 50 to 60 walleyes overall with about 25 in the 15" to 18" range. We didn't get any walleye's over 18". We also landed a few pike in the 3 to 4 lbs range and lost many more.
We got most of the walleyes on leeches and crawlers using spinner/bouncer rigs in about 20 feet.
We tried fishing the wood but found it too difficult. The Ranch was a great place to eat and the Days Inn was ok. Next time, I think I'll try a resort. It sure seemed like a great fishery and the drive from Minneapolis wasn't too bad. Long but all interstate. Thanks for the advice and good luck. I hope you find some big ones!