• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2010 Season

I am new to this site. I live in the northeastern corner of Pennsylvania. I mostly ice fish the small lakes and ponds in Wayne County. I focus on bass and trout. However, most of our flags at the bass ponds come from pickerel. We usually catch one or two five pound bass each season. We have also done well jigging for Rainbows.

I am planning my first trip of the season for the second Saturday in January. We should have plenty of ice with the recent blast of cold weather. I am looking forward to hearing from people that fish Pennsylvania waters.

I got out a week earlier than expected. I fished about four hours on Saturday trying for some bass. I ended up with about 12 flags catching 2 large perch and a few big pickerel. I used medium and large shiners. It got a little windy in the afternoon but it was a fun day. Anyone catching anything?

Saturday January 9, 2010

We fished a small lake in Wayne County, PA on Saturday from 9 to 3. We rigged four tip-ups with large shiners and jigged some holes using Swedish pimples with meal worms. I had over 20 flags landing one bass and about a dozen pickerel. A few of the pickerel were big and the bass was about 16 inches. We also caught a mess of perch and blue gill while jigging. Lots of fun and action.