• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Getting fish to commit

troyfideldy

How do you guys get more fish to commit to the center of the hole. I see quite a few fish just looking in from the edge of the hole. The lakes I spear are super clear. I use flourocarbon for drop lines. I use natural decoys and big sucker minnows. I spear out of my otter and try to set up the house with min amount of snow disturbance. But still I have trouble getting fish in close for a good spear. Any suggestions or tips on how you get the fish to commit would be appreciated.

The clearer the lakes usually the more leary the fish are especially when there is not much snow cover on the ice. I have noticed as the season goes on and ice thicker snow deeper that fish become more aggressive coming in and less leary. Things I would suggest is to move your decoys a little bit when fish sit outside the hole (in the direction you want the fish to come, never towards the fish)and try to set up on places where there is alot of snow.