• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Upcoming Ice Fishing Season

Any idea on how the upcoming ice fishing season will be this year? How was the fishing this summer? Are the size of the perch back up? I ice fished last year at Devil's early in the year and did well and then I went back towards the end of the season and didn't do as hot. Just curious how the fishing pattern is going over here. Either way I plan on coming back and fishing Devil's Lake but just wanted to stay on top of things.

Good Fishin, Matt.

There is know reason that the fishing will be any differnt than from last year. Success depends upon your willingnesss to try new areas and move around.

It also hinges on weather... fronts can mess things up big time.

------------------
Kevin Neve's Devils Lake Guide Service
fishingminnesota.com/kevin-neve-guiding/
e-mail: [email protected]
Phone: 701-473-5411 or 701-351-4989
Minnewaukan ND

Kevin,
Thanks. I'll probably be back there again this winter searching for those jumbo perch. I remember last year punching about one hundred holes before we consistantly caught fish. Once we found them and figured out their pattern we caught a nice mess of perch. Some fun action once you get the perch wired.

Good Fishin, Matt.

It's such a huge body of water with each bay acting differnetly at any given moment in time. There are some universal rules on the lake to follow when it comes to perchen.

Be mobile..not just over small area but don't be afraid to hit another bay

A ten foot move can be as effective as a 10 mile move

Fish slow...fish very slow

Watch your electronics like a madperson

------------------
Kevin Neve's Devils Lake Guide Service
fishingminnesota.com/kevin-neve-guiding/
e-mail: [email protected]
Phone: 701-473-5411 or 701-351-4989
Minnewaukan ND