• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

mathews z-7

wahoohendoo

WOW!!! Gotta love how a thread can go from informational to Brand X is better then Brand Y. No different then the Ford/Chevy battles that happen at the bar. All I can say is that you need to find a bow that fits you. Go into shopping open minded and see what happens. I always wanted to shoot Hoyt, I thought more pro's were using hoyt and i'd heard good things about them. I went to the shop and tried drawing one back and almost tore up my shoulder (which I have had surgery on) so I had to find something else. Ya it sucked I didn't get what I wanted but I got something that is fun to shoot. I shoot a Mathew's not going to lie and I love my bow but am I going to get on a soap box and say Mathew's is the best bow on the market...only if I want Booing and stuff thrown at me! No two people shoot or draw the same way and it should be a matter of what feels best for the hunter and not which brand it is.

I have not shot the Z7 and want to and have heard many good things about it but I have also heard good things about the PSE and the Hoyt new ones. I do think once a person does buy a bow they are sorta faithful to that brand because they enjoy how much it shoots not because it's Brand X. IF your only buy a bow because it's Brand X your buying it for the wrong reasons.

As for that more pro's shoot Mathews then any other, Not going to argue with a previous post of how much money they spend on their pro staff. I hope if you have 2-3 times the amount of pro's shooting then the other brand that you do win the comptetitions!

But I do think that because Mathew's, Hoyt, PSE, Bowtech, ect keep trying to out do the other brand it only helps us out. Look how far bows came from lets say the early 80's till late 90's now look how far they have come in the past 10 years! Yes the bows keep going up in price which I'm not a fan of but we are having bows that are shooting 330+ IBO's and are relatively quiet and very light. I can't wait to see what these bow companies will do with the next 20+ years. I can't wait for who's going to advertise the first 400 IBO bow.

Sorry this got a bit longer then I wished but it gets me mad when someone asks for information on something and then it gets in the Ford/Chevy debate. Person wants ideas and comments not who you think makes the best bows. Did it shoot good? Was it quiet? Did it have a lot of vibration? Those are the things I would like for comments instead of who has the most pro staffers because that is not helping the person who posted this post with any usefull information.