• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Your Devils Lake Fishing Report

Well tried anything and everything this past weekend and failed each time to catch a walleye. Fished hard all three days and the best thing that I could come up with is a bunch of northerns. I have a feeling that with the high winds last week it chased the fish to deeper water where they suspended. I tried shallow and I tried deep, shallow water produced northerns and deep water marked a lot of suspended fish that wanted nothing to do with me. Hopefully with this nice weather this week and calm conditions the fish will turn on this coming weekend. All a guy can do is try!
I actually did catch a couple small eyes fishing from the dock on Sat night so hopefully that is a sign that better things are to come this weekend.

Good Luck
Woods

Hello,
With the warm weather this past week the fishing did get considerably better. Myself and two others fished Creel Bay this past weekend in the trees. We went through a pound of leeches and I would guess that we caught and released about 50 walleyes except for a few that we kept for a fish fry. The size was nothing to brag about but at least we were catching fish. Also were getting into the white bass at the north end of Creel. A side note, on Sat tried fishing in the flats by Howards ranch but was unable to find any active fish. Kevin how did you do this weekend in that area (the flats), it would be nice to hear how everyone else did as well.
Have a good week!
Woods

Fished Black Tiger Bay Saturday afternoon until about 7:00. The action was decent considering how miserable the wind was. We caught 14 and brought home 9 between the 2 of us. I think it is going to get better here in the next couple weeks. Did not see any white bass.
Tully